stampin up links

About Me | My Business Site | Promotions | Shop Online | Join My Team | Host a Workshop | Calendar of Events

Monday, August 18, 2014

August Stamp Camp


We had another awesome camp this month!  Projects were fun but more importantly the people who came were amazing!  We have grown to see each other as extended family.  

I love my “job”!

My Stamp Camps are held the second Thursday of each month and feature two hours of fun and STAMPING!  Participants learn the versatility of our products, try new techniques and go home with five projects they can be proud of.  I also include envelopes and “Take-Home” instruction sheets for easy reference. The cost for my camp is $15 or FREE with $30 order.

Here is one of the projects we did at my August Stamp Camp.
 


It features the Hexagon Hive Thinlit.
Please note, it is easier to remove cardstock from Thinlits if you use a piece of wax paper between cardstock and Thinlit before running it through the Big Shot.

To make this card I attached Transfer Adhesive Sheet pieces to the back of 5¼” x 4” Bermuda Bay, Costa Cabana, and Wisteria Wonder cardstock pieces. Then I cut these cardstock pieces using Hexagon Hive Thinlit and the Big Shot.  I punched out and saved all the small pieces.
Having cut the 3 colors with the Thinlit, I had supplies to do the background for 3 card fronts in the various colors.To make the background, choose the background hive color you wish to use and adhere it to a card front.  Then use various colors of the smaller pieces to fill in some of the voids of the hive (and layer on top too, if you wish), adding color to your background. How many pieces you choose to use and how you decorate the rest of your card is up to you! 
To make my card, I cut a banner end on a 3¼” x 1” Elegant Eggplant cardstock piece and adhered to upper left of card front. Then using Elegant Eggplant, Bermuda Bay, Wisteria Wonder markers, I colored the greeting from the Perfect Pennants Stamp Set, stamped it on a Whisper White cardstock scrap and using the #3 framelit from the Banner collection, cut the greeting out.  Using Costa Cabana Ink, I sponged the edges of the stamped banner and attached it to the card front with Dimensionals. 
Here is the inside of my card.  Greeting is from the Remembering Your Birthday Stamp Set and I used Elegant Eggplant and Bermuda Bay inks.  The hexagon pieces were left over from the Hexagon Hive. 






Below is the complete list of “ingredients” I used: 



Card Stock
Whisper White – 11” x 4¼”, 3¼” x 1¾” (scrap)
Bermuda Bay – 5¼” x 4”
Costa Cabana – 5¼” x 4”
Wisteria Wonder - 5¼” x 4”
Elegant Eggplant -3¼” x 1”
Transfer Adhesive Sheets - 5¼” x 4” (3)
               Markers – Elegant Eggplant, Bermuda Bay, Costa Cabana, Wisteria Wonder
Thinlit – Hexagon Hive
Framelits – Banners Collection

No comments: