stampin up links

About Me | My Business Site | Promotions | Shop Online | Join My Team | Host a Workshop | Calendar of Events

Friday, November 14, 2014

Let's keep Christ in "Christ"mas

The Gentle Peace Photopolymer Set reminds us of the true meaning of Christmas.  In the picture below, you can see how versatile it is.  The first card colored with Stampin' Up! Blendabilities markers is gorgeous, simulating stained glass. 
Yet the card on the right is simple and elegant. 
 

 
 

When I got my stamp set
I wanted to create something that was
quick and easy to make but had a wow factor. 
Here is what I came up with.
 

The color combination of Smokey Slate, Blackberry Bliss and Silver Glimmer Paper gives this card richness that I believe honors the Holiness of the Christ child.


I used Smokey Slate cardstock as my card base and added a 5¼” x 4” piece of Blackberry Bliss and a strip of Silver Glimmer paper to the card front.   

After stamping the image with Blackberry Bliss ink, I cut it out along the outside of the stained glass window.  The ¾” circle punch was used to cut out the star and a rhinestone was added to it's center.  Using 1” Circle punch, I cut the remainder of circle from the area surrounding where the star was located. 
Using Dimensionals, I attached stamped and trimmed image to card front centering it over the Silver Glimmer paper.
Using a Dimensional, I attached “star circle” to Glimmer Paper centered inside of punched out circle.  This way the glimmer paper is visible around the star.  To finish it off, I stamped the sentiment in Silver ink.  

This stamp set not only has the great image of the Blessed family but also includes greetings that express the Holiness of the season. 

It is a must have for those who want to keep 
Christ in "Christ"mas! 

No comments: